ADHD sicknesses and their medical cure
The main symptoms of ADHD test include some disturbances of the person (child) attention, the strongest distractability, heightened activity or sometimes called as hyperactivity, absence or meagre controlling over the impulsive actions, and the highest impulsiveness. The damages of the patient’s attention in all spheres of the life (including the reasons of shortage or absence of controlling over the self-abandonment) are chiefly manifested in the following forms such as
- Powerful distraction;
- Thoughtless deeds;
- Insufficient concentration (generally manifested in view of mistakes by the inattention);
- Person often interrupts others, “interferes into the dialog”, says loudly and often changes the theme of speaking;
- Inability to lead the business till end – the person usually abandons one and constantly takes for other something new;
- Disability to do the tasks in school or observe some rules;
- Heightened forgetfulness;
- Patience absence;
- Bad integration in the group (the child needs some attention, conduct himself loudly, interrupts other people);
- The highest moving activity;
- Non-observance of the accepted rules of behavior in the family and school;
- observance of quiet with difficulty;
- Aggressive behavior (often);
- Powerful hesitation of mood, irritation, inclination to the anger and aggression;
- Intolerance of the critique and impetuous reaction on it;
- Some others.
Many people don’t know how to treat attention deficit disorder rightly. The first step is an address to the medical specialists (especially child’s psychologist, family doctor or psychiatrist) and different consultations with him. The second way is some application of the medical preparations including ADHD drugs (such as Strattera, Adderall or Atomoxetine), different antidepressants or anti-anxious medications (usually in combined therapy) and many medicaments used for patient’s nervous system working some improving and remedies applied for the treatment of intellectual disorders (memory improvement, nervous aggression calming, general state relaxing and so on).
Possible contraindications of the disease ADHD
Sometimes ADHD medication is mainly impossible from different limitation for these medicines applying including hypersensitivity to main components or drug from this category, many problems with patient’s heart (such as cardiac insufficiency, heart’s many sicknesses, damages of heart rhythm and so on), renal failure, epilepsy or schizophrenia, hepatic insufficiency, synchronous applying together with MAO inhibitors, pregnant female persons (including the period of breast-feeding), narrow-angle glaucoma, cerebrovascular illnesses, arterial hypertension, and so on.
How do ADHD drugs interact with other drugs?
Sometimes the attention deficit disorder medicine cannot be taken together with various officinal products including Fenoterol, Paroxetine, Salbutamol, Mefloquine, Salmeterol, Ultracet, some hypertensive medications, Phenylephrine, Thioridazine, Citalopram, Phenytoin, many preparations with aluminum hydroxide in their structure, Venlafaxine, Iproniazid, bupropion, MAOI, Haloperidol, Ultram, antipsychotics, several anti-depressed drugs, Levomepromazine, Tramadol, Mirtazapine, Pseudoephedrine, acetylsalicylic acid, Warfarin, diazepam, Selegiline, Fluvoxamine, various anti-psychotic medicants, opioid agonists and many others.